We have two graduation ceremonies every year, one in April/May and one in November. Registration opens on Monday 2 March for the April/May ceremony and in October for the November ceremony. If you are unable to attend, you can defer to a later graduation or graduate in absentia. Check this page closer to the next graduation date for more information.
Otago Polytechnic Auckland International Campus has two graduation ceremonies every year, one in April/May and one in November. Registration for the April/May ceremony opens on Monday 2 March and registration for the November ceremony opens in October. If students are unable to attend, they may defer to a later graduation or graduate in absentia.
All graduands from Auckland International Campus have the option to attend a graduation ceremony in Auckland or in Dunedin. You can select the ceremony you want to attend when you register. Read more about the Dunedin ceremony here.
|Auckland Graduation Ceremonies||Dunedin Graduation Ceremonies|
|29 May 2020||13 March 2020|
|November 2020||December 2020|
The next graduation ceremony for eligible students in Auckland will be at the Auckland Town Hall on Friday 29 May 2020.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON MONDAY 2 MARCH 2020
All students who are graduating on Friday 29 May 2020 must register via the Student Hub before Friday 1 May 2020.
- If you do not register by this date you will be graduated in absentia.
- Students must graduate within 18 months of attaining their qualification.
- Login with your Otago Polytechnic username and password at Student Hub. There will be a registration form available when the registration is open.
- It is important that all your contact information is up to date so you do not miss important graduation messages we may send.
You should register even if:
- you are not planning to attend a ceremony (e.g. you intend to graduate in absentia).
- you don’t know your results yet.
- you’d like to defer your graduation to the next available graduation.
When registering for graduation you will be asked to tell us:
- whether you will be graduating in person or in absentia
- about any special seating arrangements required for yourself or your guests
- your academic dress height and head size information
Each graduating student can bring up to three guests, free of charge. Graduates and guests do not need tickets.